We are working with a mid-tier design consultancy in Melbourne who have been established for over 40 years and who work across most disciplines within Civil Engineering. Due to a large subdivision development in Traralgon they are seeking the skillset and experience of a Civil Design Engineer to be based from their Gippsland based office.
The company have offices throughout mainland Australia and are know for their capability to work on challenging and technically complex projects. Your career within urban and land development will be exciting and rewarding.
The ideal candidate for the role will have a passion for engineering and be technically focused.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Civil Design Engineer will include:
- Contribute to the design and engineering of civil projects: road, drainage, sewer, water and telecommunications infrastructure, including assessment of site constraints through site visits and desktop analysis
- Prepare detailed designs and computations for required infrastructure under supervision of the senior design engineer
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and participate in interviews and presentations as required
- Ensure company and client deadlines, commitments and expectations are met
- Represent and attend meetings and presentations relative to assigned projects
- Liaise with local authorities
- Reporting to the Senior or Associate Engineer
To be considered for the role of Civil Engineer, you will
- Possess a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil)
- Have 4+ years of experience in a subdivisions environment
- Knowledge of VicRoads local standards and processes - local authorities and contractors
- Experience in roads and drainage design packages - 12D
- Solid capabilities in design and documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills