We are working with a tier 3 engineering design consultancy in Melbourne who work across a number of markets including aged care, education, resiential and industrial. This established and successful business operate out of 3 states in Australia and have over 50 highly skilled people on their books.
Due to recent wins in-line with the above projects, they are seeking the expertise of a Civil Structural Engineer to work out of their West Melbourne offices.
Working as part of their professional engineering team you role will be:
- Designing of civil & structural projects including bulk earthworks, roads, stormwater drainage and the detailed structural analysis and design of buildings projects
- Ensure company and client deadlines, commitments and expectations are met.
- Manage the preparation of concept and detail design plans
- Attend meetings and liaise with local and state government officers, external consultants, contractors, clients and other stake holders.
- Liaise with local authorities.
To be considered for the role of Civil Engineer, you will
- Possess a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil)
- Have 3+ years of experience ideally in a Tier 2/3 Engineering Consultancy environment
- Strong existing client relationships with client facing skills
- Good knowledge in timber, steel and reinforced concrete design
- Knowledge of VicRoads local standards and processes - local authorities and contractors
- Experience in roads and drainage design
- Solid capabilities in design and documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What this opportunity can offer you:
- Ongoing professional development with technical specialists
- Competitive remuneration packages
- A great company culture with open lines of communication and an inclusive nature