A Tier 1 custom home builder based in the North-East region of Melbourne are currently recruiting for a Construction Estimator to join their expanding estimating team.
Typical project value of each custom home is between $800k-$1.2m. With the business building approximately 10 to 15 homes a year with plans to expand further moving forward.
The position has arisen due to an influx of work in Melbourne's busy custom home market and are now looking to expand the team further. The position sits within the residential estimating team reporting through into the General Manager.
- Undertake accurate take-offs
- Bills of quants preparations
- Produce PO's for the supply of labour & materials
- Negotiating pricing
- Liaising with site supervisors
- Coordinate deliveries in association with relevant site based personnel
- Ensure the most current information is accurate and recorded in relation to suppliers and companywide pricing plans
- Calculate customer variation costs.
- Monitor time frames closely and identify and alert relevant stakeholders of any variations
- Minimum of 2 years estimating experience in residential construction with exposure to custom home building
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Advanced user of Constructor would be very advantageous
- Experience with industry relevant software such as Databuild / Timberline / WMS / Framework
- Be highly organised, efficient, have excellent communication skills, along with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Exposure to complex projects including rebuilds, dual occupancy dwellings, townhouses & units.
- Opportunity to work for an industry leader
- Clear progression pathway from a business that likes to promote from within
- Excellent starting salary on offer dependant on experience
- Working within a highly supportive and collaborative team environment.
How to Apply?
If you're interested in applying please forward your updated resume (In MS-WORD Format) to Seyhan at email@example.com
Alternatively, please click on the 'Apply for this Job' button at the top of the page and follow the on-screen instructions.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly.