Design Manager | Tier 1 | CBD | Commercial & Residential Projects
Our client is one of Australia's largest and most successful privately owned construction Companies. The business was successfully established more than 60 years ago, and has grown to become a nationally diversified company now employing over 600 employees. The business pride themselves on impeccable health & safety as well as environmentally friendly projects and renowned for their large, complex developments. The company has an annual turnover of over $1.6 billion.
The business has a unique approach to construction and believe strongly in empowering their people to be the very best they can be. There is great opportunity for individuals who are wanting to progress their careers to the maximum level and opportunities to run your own team and/or operation within the business are there for driven individuals.
One of the leading teams within the Sydney business is currently looking for a Design Manager.
- A Minimum of 7 years' experience in a Design Manager role within a similar environment
- Experience working across commercial or apartment projects above $20m in value
- A degree or diploma in Architecture, Building, Construction, Engineering or Quantity Surveying would be preferable
- Responsible for selecting, engaging and then monitoring the performance of external design partners within the discipline including their deliverables, costs and time frames
- Managing the design approval process in accordance with project requirements and program
- Managing performance of design consultants in line with project requirements, consultancy agreement and tender strategy
- Planning and controlling the delivery of project design to ensure the achievement of quality, completion and project objectives
- Preparing budgets and schedules of design delivery for management approval and then managing and reporting the cost of design delivery in the project life-cycle
- Managing design to ensure the costs of the works meets project requirement
If this position interests you or you are interested in hearing more about similar roles please contact Jon MaGrath (NSW Regional Manager) on 02 9194 6912 or email your resume alternatively use the APPLY option!!