SENIOR ESTIMATOR | TIER 2/3 | FIT-OUT & COMMERCIAL NEW BUILD | $40M PROJECT VALUE
My client is based in CBD and have recently won a number of awards for their projects. The business has grown consistently and are fast becoming a familiar name in the VIC construction market. The company is focused on Multi story Residential, Aged Care, Commercial & fit-out projects. Off the back of the companies successfully delivered projects and recent awards they have been invited to tender on even large and more prestigious projects as well as being added to numerous preferred builder lists. With this increase in demand to tender more projects the company is seeking an Estimator / Snr Estimator to join their already successful team.
- Prepare conceptual estimating, cost analysis, and estimate coordination.
- Review of and development of discipline and multidiscipline material takeoffs (MTO), evaluation and/or development of construction labour rates and evaluation of subcontract cost estimates and proposals.
- Perform productivity analysis of cost estimates, prepare contingency, escalation, and reconciliation\'s for estimates; perform comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between projects; prepare management presentations and develop an estimate basis.
- Review of process designs and engineering specifications for cost effectiveness and suggestions for alternatives where applicable.
- Reviewing and analyzing complex bills of materials, assessing labour productivity and labour costs, researching vendor, manufacturing and construction costs.
- Enter data into a combination of spreadsheet and database software programs and create useful information from raw data submitted by others on the team.
- Document and organize a complex stream of information and paperwork very quickly.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Highly motivated with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Coordinate team activities, conduct project cost estimate review meetings, and interface with executive management.
- 4+ years' experience.
- Significant and relevant experience in Estimating or Design and Site Construction management may be substituted for a BS in Engineering.
- Perform all aspects of cost estimating, and does not require direct supervision.
- Skills include the ability to read, interpret and comprehend engineering specifications, process design drawings and contracts.
If this position interests you or you are interested in hearing more about similar roles please contact Jon MaGrath (NSW Regional Manager) on 02 9194 6912 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively use the APPLY option!!