- Do you love designing solutions to problems in manufacturing, engineering, production environments?
- Join a stable, secure and innovative national business based in Newcastle!
- Lead the design & protoype process, develop bespoke solutions and new products!
- Get hands on using the latest CNC & 3D printing technologies, bringing your creations to life!
- Salary up to $150K + Super, depending on experience
Our client is a National business providing innovative machinery solutions to manufacturing & engineering companies across a wide range of industries. In operation over 20 years they have a trusted name, a secure business and a reputation for providing unique solutions to complex problems.
As Design Manager you will lead the design, prototyping and development of new products & create mechanical solutions for custom applications on existing products for their CNC Machinery line.
- Taking briefs from internal Sales Engineers on client applications & requirements
- Design documentation, engineering drawings and 3D models through Solidworks
- Developing protoypes, testing and redevelopment for new products
- Working hands on with machinery to bring your designs to life
- Collaborating on projects with suppliers including pneumatics & electronics
- Work closely with the software development team to realise final product
- Experience in a mechanical design role with an understanding of pneumatic controlled & electro mechanical controlled devices
- Proficiency with CAD/CAM software ie Solidworks, Fusion 360 etc
- Be willing to get hands on with the prototyping and production of your new creations
- Advantageous - experience in the use of manufacturing machinery such as lathes, drills, CNC machines & 3D printers
To apply to this role, please click on the "Apply Now" button below or send your CV or enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0409327512.