We are partnered with an Australian owned, engineering firm who have 3 offices throughout Victoria and New South Wales. They have been successful within a multitude of markets including government, education, retail and residential and have been established for over 25 years.
Due to a continued growth in the Sydney office, they seek the skillset and experience of a Principal level Structural Engineer to work alongside the Director, acting as his 2IC. The acomplished candidate will have full operational responsibility, managing a team of 8 - consisting of drafterrs and engineers; as well as acting as the go-to technical lead. Project Management and P&L responsibility will also form part of the role.
A chartered, degree qualified technical leader with excellent knowledge of Australian standards and construction codes with the ability to collaborate with a range of different people is crucial for the role.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Principal Structural Engineer will include:
- Detailed structural design and design lead of the offices medium-high rise projects
- Management of the company's projects and liaison with clients and key stakeholders
- Team leadership - management of up to 8 professionals - drafters and engineers
- Problem solving and seeking alternative solutions
- Ensuring that all designs are up to high standards
- Working closely with clients through continual liaison from conception to completion.
To be considered for the role of Principal Structural Engineer, you will have
- Minimum of 12 years' experience within a consulting capacity undertaking structural design of local projects
- Accomplished leader of people and projects
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Australian Design Codes
- Possess a bachelor's degree in civil / structural engineering or equivalent
- Full scope working knowledge in post-tension concrete, reinforced concrete, steel and timber design
- Professional chartership qualification
- Work well within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills.
What this opportunity can offer you:
* Opportunity to put your own stamp on how the company grows
* An inclusive environment where values and behaviours are embraced with a healthy work-life balance
* Clear career progression, team leadership and promotion opportunities
* An atmosphere of team community and an inclusive team culture