My client is a successful family residential construction company with their office located in the North West suburbs. They build in Ballarat, Bendigo as well as in the Melbourne Metropolitan area. They are a versatile company active in various residential sectors including volume building, custom homes, medium density and construction of investment properties.
My client is looking for a Senior Estimator to join the team and take responsibility for organizing the departments activities, procedures and processes. When the right person comes in and meets this challenge head on there is the potential for fast promotion to the position of Estimating Manager. This will require the post holder to assume responsibility for training and mentoring the team and ensuring the service to the site teams is of a high standard. You will use databuild and have a leading role in a team of six in total.
- Undertake accurate take-offs from master plans
- Create BOQ and estimates
- Provide ad-hoc customer pricing items to other members of the team
- Produce PO’s for the supply of labour & materials
- Coordinate deliveries in association with relevant site based personnel
- Maintain spec sheets
- Review quotes and allocate suppliers
- Monitor time frames closely and identify and alert relevant stakeholders of any variations
- Minimum of 5 years production estimating experience with a residential home builder.
- High level of experience production estimating townhouses
- DATABUILD experience
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong team player and communicator
- Be highly organised, efficient, have excellent communication skills
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Opportunity to work for one of Melbourne's elite and highly regarding home building company.
- Excellent business culture which promotes an open door policy, team work and togetherness.
- Ongoing training and development provided
- Opportunities for the role to be elevated into a management position down the track
- Access to the employee benefit scheme
- Excellent starting salary on offer dependent on experience
- Working within a highly supportive and collaborative team environment.
If you're interested in applying, please submit your updated resume (In MS-WORD Format) by clicking the 'Apply for this Job' button at the top of the page and follow the on-screen instructions.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly and all applications will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
In order to be considered for this position you MUST be eligible to work in Australia with no restrictions.
Best of luck and thank you for applying!