Our client is currently are Australia's largest privately owned builder with a turnover in excess of $2.5bn. The business have a national branch network and a team of expert construction professionals. As a business they are involved in all project types from apartments to retail, commercial to aged care and they are looking to strengthen their Sydney office with a new SPM to deliver a $150M commercial project in West Sydney.
- This is a all encompassing role with involvement in the project from even before it starts - Buildability, value engineering
- You will need to be very strong commercially in order to manage the project & finances effectively
- Develop the construction programme and lead the team effective
- Managing the procurement, delivery, commissioning through to project finalisation
- Developing working relationships, problem solving and driving projects to successful completion
- Team leadership & management
- An established career history with a large tier 1 or 2 builder
- Significant project management experience in the commercial sector
- A thorough understanding of the total project life cycle, from dealing with strategic issues at concept stage, through all of the operational stages to completion and post-project review
- Excellent knowledge and experience of all of the main project management concepts, tools and techniques
- Experience of leading project management teams for medium to large sized commercial construction projects ($50M-100M+) of medium to high complexity
- Excellent knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as different procurement routes, value management and value engineering, particularly in a commercial context
If this position interests you or you are interested in hearing more about similar roles please contact James Binder on 02 9194 6911 or email your resume alternatively use the APPLY option!!