We are partnered with an Australian owned, engineering consultancy who have 3 offices nationally and a workforce of over 80 highly skilled and qualified people in the group. They have been successful within a multitude of markets including government, education, retail and residential and have been established for over 25 years.
Due to an ambitious, strategic growth plan the Sydney office plans to double in size over the next 12 months. To realise there plan they are seeking the experience of a hands-on, technical expert to manage the Sydney team enabling the director to concentrate on client relations and business development.
Reporting to the Director your role will be to manage the designs of various medium - high-rise residential, commercial and government projects whilst supervising a small team of engineers and drafters. Project Management and P&L responsibility will also form part of the role.
A degree qualified technical leader with excellent knowledge of Australian standards and construction codes with the ability to collaborate with a range of different people is crucial for the role.
To be considered for the role of Senior Structural Engineer, you will have
- Minimum of 7 years' experience within a consulting capacity undertaking structural design of local projects
- Accomplished leader of people and projects
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Australian Design Codes
- Possess a bachelor's degree in civil / structural engineering or equivalent
- Full scope working knowledge in post-tension concrete, reinforced concrete, steel and timber design
- Ideally Professional chartership qualification
- Work well within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills.
What this opportunity can offer you:
* Opportunity to put your own stamp on how the company grows
* Flexible working hours and a fantastic work/life balance
* Clear career progression, team leadership and promotion opportunities
* An atmosphere of team community and an inclusive team culture