We are working with a long established Melbourne design consultancy who have three offices across Victoria. Specialising in a urban, infrastructure and building structures they are a well versed, reputable and growing consultancy.
Key objectives of the Senior Structural Engineer will include:
- Be prepared to assist in the development of the growth of the Structural group.
- Deliver innovative structural engineering design consultancy services to a range of clients and industries, achieving successful design outcomes and meeting statutory requirements.
- Work effectively within project teams to ensure the expected outcomes for clients and key stakeholders are met, delivered on time and within budget.
- Provide mentoring, and technical guidance and support to engineering and drafting personnel within the team.
- Liaise with clients and other stakeholders on a range of issues to provide technical input as required.
- Prepare fee proposals and submissions and contribute to the development, growth and expansion of the company's portfolio of clients and projects by assisting the Manager - Structural Engineering as required.
- Participate in and contribute to, the ongoing improvement of the structural unit's professional services and systems.
To be considered for the role of Structural Engineer, you will
- Advanced structural engineering design and management experience including:
- Commercial, industrial and high-end residential projects.
- Ideally experienced in infrastructure projects including bridges, retaining walls and similar structures.
- Multi-level buildings up to 5 storeys including basement design.
- Advanced experience with structural design/drafting software such as AutoCAD, Revit, Space Gass, RAPT and Inducta.
- Sufficient experience to obtain "Registered Building Practitioner Registration" (Victorian).
- Progress towards professional recognition as a CPEng.
- Advanced communication, interpersonal and stakeholder relationship management skills.
- Experience in the preparation of fee proposals, tender documents and submissions.
- Ability to identify and develop alternate design options that present more cost effective and innovative solutions.
What this opportunity can offer you:
- The position is regarded as succession planning possibly towards managing the structural group Melbourne office.
- An atmosphere of team community and an inclusive team culture
- Excellent and above market rate remuneration packages