We are partnered with a tier 1/2 engineering design consultancy in Melbourne who specialise in a multitude of markets including; residential, commercial, institutional, industrial, aviation, urban development and infrastructure. Due to a recent acquisition of a number of high-value, major projects, their Industrial, Rail and Beverage/Food Manufacturing team seek a well-rounded, excellent communicating Senior Structural Revit Draftsperson to join the business working as the 2IC to the Drafting Manager.
Your role will be to oversee the professional and expert drafting team, whilst owning and running projects and providing bespoke drafting solutions to several complicated and challenging projects within the markets mentioned above.
The ideal candidate for the role will have a passion for drafting, be technically focused and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. This position will suit a technical expert who longs for a challenge to find tailored solutions within Revit Structures.
For the role of Senior Revit Drafter, you will be responsible for:
- Providing Revit models & documentation
- Provide leadership and mentoring for drafting team on Revit standards and practices
- Deliver technical and bespoke design input on the above projects, ensuring work quality is maintained at the expected and excellent standard
- Agree, set-up and maintain project Revit documentation standards, including folder systems, template files, libraries, project work space files.
- Oversee/sample output for compliance with CAD/QA standards
- Actively assist with Revit customisation and future development.
- Assist on multiple projects, reporting to the Drafting Manager
To be considered for the role of Senior Revit Drafter, you will require:
- 10+ years' experience specifically related to CAD drafting and designing, more recently related to Revit
- Management/Leadership experience ideally within a drafting environment
- Relevant structural qualifications - Diploma or TAFE qualified
- Reinforced and/or post-tension concrete and steel experience on any type of project
- Keen sense of maintaining high standards and understanding of "customer" needs (both internal and external)
- Active team member, assisting others within the team to meet deadlines and other expectations
- Able to effectively manage workload even when demands are significant
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
What this opportunity can offer you:
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Career progression
- An atmosphere of team community and an inclusive team culture