Our client has over 20 years expeience in supplying tiling screed to WA's leading flooring contractors and builders using their unique truck mounted screed batching and pumping system. As part of their aggressive growth strategy for 2019, a new office in NSW is opening over the next 6 weeks with further offices in VIC & QLD due later this year.
To drive the success of the NSW office/branch, we are currently looking for a long-term & committed State Manager to be wholey responsible for the development and establishment of the business in NSW. The role is hugely autonomous, reporting in to the equally committed Director in WA.
- Build, train and lead a team of Operators for their new pump trucks
- Have strong safety credentials and be able to instil a strong and positive safety-first culture for the companies people & equipment
- Have in-depth knowledge and contacts across the NSW construction industry and be able to drive growth of the business through a strong business development focus
- Reasonably proficient with technology as we are a fully paperless, cloud-based company
- Be able to quote, book and bill jobs whilst using their hi-tech systems
- Proactively visit client sites to generate opportunities and plan jobs for efficiency and safety
- Prepared to be hands-on or to cover a shift if for example an employee is sick
- Be able to work un-supervised and have excellent communication skills with our team across Australia
- Spend 3-4 weeks in Perth to learn the business from the ground up prior to opening the Sydney branch
- Be responsible for maintenance of our hi-tech fleet of pump trucks
- NSW supply chain
A typical day for the State Manager would be:
- Taking calls from and visiting clients and quoting and booking jobs
- Managing the schedule for employees to ensure you have sufficient operators to cover the jobs
- Ordering materials from our supply chain
- Drafting invoices for the jobs completed
- Visiting sites, builders, architects and flooring contractors to generate new business
- Making sure that the trucks are loaded correctly for the next day's jobs, all is fine with the staff and any maintenance planned
- Training staff to improve safety and skills
The State Manager will have the following qualifications, skills or demonstrated experience:
- Previously been a site manager or project manager for a construction company or flooring contractor
- Have a qualification such as a Certificate IV
- MR or MC driving licence able to drive a semi-trailer (single trailer up to 40t GCM) for use of vehicles, when needed
- Loader or Telehandler ticket
- A strong focus on safety
- Mechanical and/or maintenance experience would be favourable
How to Apply?
If you're interested in applying please forward your updated resume (In MS-WORD Format) to James at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, please click on the 'Apply for this Job' button at the top of the page and follow the on-screen instructions.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly.