Our clients are a small yet professional, Newcastle CBD based Engineering Design Consultancy who are involved in structural, civil and facade design projects. They have been established for over 20 years and have offices throughout the East Coast of Australia.
Due to a strong pipeline of work they are now seeking an experienced Draftsperson with over 5 years' experience in structural steel and concrete drafting. A high-level of competence in AutoCAD is essential for this role. It is preferred if you have some exposure to Revit too.
Applicants for this position are expected to have a Certificate in Structural Design from TAFE or an equivalent recognised qualification.
We seek applicants who can demonstrate their ability in the following areas:
- Competence in delivering documentation for commercial and residential structures.
- The ability to visualise engineers' ideas into drawings.
- Ability to complete documentation on time, to company standards and to relevant building standards.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Effectively collaborate with the company Directors, staff and clients.
- Be detail orientated in order to complete accurate CAD documentation.
- Be able to manage multiple projects and goals at the same time.
- Have a naturally high standard and an innate drive to achieve excellence in everything you do.
- Be a quick learner. You will be entering a dynamic and fast paced business where there are always new ideas to explore and implement.