I am recruiting for a mid-tier structural engineering firm who were formed over 20 years ago. This specialist consultancy are considered leaders within multiple markets and have 3 offices across Australia.
Due to continued growth of their Melbourne office, their structural team seek a Structural Engineer with 3+ years post-grad experience and who has the ambition, drive and passion to work autonomously and as part of a professional and hard working team.
As part of your day-to-day responsibilities you will be involved in various projects, responsible for the design, analysis, calculations, detailing and documentation.
A degree qualified passionate Structural Engineer with excellent knowledge of Australian standards and construction codes with the ability to collaborate with a range of different people is crucial for the role.
Other Responsibilities of the Structural Design Engineer will include:
- Prepare calculations for residential, commercial and industrial buildings constructed from steel, masonry, reinforced concrete and post-tensioned concrete.
- Carry out complex computer analysis of a range of different building structures and structural elements.
- Coordinate the development of structural drawings.
- Supervise projects during construction.
To be considered for the role of Structural Design Engineer, you will have
- Minimum of 3 years' experience within a consulting capacity
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Australian Design Codes
- Possess a bachelor's degree in civil / structural engineering or equivalent
- Good working knowledge in steel design, pre-stressing, post-tension and/or reinforced concrete
- Excellent communication skills.
What this opportunity can offer you:
- Internal & External Training
- Career development
- An atmosphere of team community and an inclusive team culture