About the client
This international consulting engineering practice excels at helping clients deliver complex projects and making sound decisions, combining their local expertise and global skills to offer a range of engineering, design and construction mangement as well architecture services in Australia.
Whilst being a part of a global leader the leadership team here in Australia have strived to maintain a close knit team and foster a highly collaborative environment for their colleagues.
Being driven by successful outcomes for their clients this role offers the opportunity to become a key influencer and stakeholder in the business, where you will be able to continue to foster this boutique solution.
The Brisbane office is looking for a passionate and motivated professional to engage, strengthen and lead the highways team for the Queensland Transport practice. In a supportive environment with a focused business strategy you will be empowered to lead the development and growth of the highways team while working alongside like minded professionals within the Transport Planning, Structures and Asset Management teams.
In the role of Queensland Highways Leader your core focus is to lead their highways team based in Brisbane, where you will take responsibility for:
- Leading the Queensland Highways practice with enthusiasm to become the best highways planning and design team in Queensland.
- Delivering projects for partnered clients with commitment and innovation
- Fostering your relationships across industry as to partner, win and build a great practice
- Providing technical leadership and governance on a range of projects and with clients & partners
- Active contribution to the Australian and global design and delivery teams team
Required Qualifications and experience
- Demonstrated strength and passion for team leadership
- 15 years + in the planning and design of Australian highway infrastructure
- Queensland experience and relationships
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering
- RPEQ and CPEng
- Strong performance leading Design & Construct and/or major planning projects
- Knowledge of the South East Queensland transport network
- Experience in the development and management of client relationships particularly with State and Local Government Agencies.
- Demonstrated Project Management Skills with a strong technical undertaken, experience on Design and Construct Project considered favourably.
- High level of Commercial Accumen for best return of service.
This client knows work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of their culture, shaped by employee ownership, they network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. You will be given licence to do the same.
So if you are tired of the consistent productivety analysis / utilisation metrics of some of the other international design houses, where you feel you are just part of a production line and your true skills are not recognised, call me for a confidential discussion.
For further information on this outstanding career opportunity, please contact Ivan on 07 3106 5001, or aply via the links provided.